With an investment portfolio of 16 midstream companies operating across the nation’s most prolific oil and gas basins, EnCap Flatrock is a capital force with which to be reckoned. Founded in 2008, this private equity firm is a pure-play midstream financier that takes concepts and visions from the drawing room straight to the oil and gas field, while providing the backend oomph that fuels their growth.
EnCap Flatrock Midstream is a venture capital firm with a singular focus: identifying, investing in and enhancing the value of great businesses and attractive assets in the midstream sector of North America’s oil and gas industry. Founded in 2008 by Flatrock Energy Advisors and EnCap Investments L.P., the firm is guided by a disciplined and persistent approach to value creation through the rigorous application of intellectual and financial capital.
Maybe you’ve heard of these newsmakers:
- Aspen Midstream launched in 2017 with a natural gas system that spans four counties in Texas and consists of 99 miles of gathering pipelines, 57 miles of transmission pipe, a 200 MMCFD processing train, and seven amine treating plants.
- Caiman Energy, formed in 2012, operates Blue Racer Midstream and its “Super System” in the Utica and Marcellus that consists of gathering lines, processing plants and fractionators for natural gas and NGLs.
- Candor Midstream started in 2018 and owns and operates the 100-mile SCOOP-to-North-Texas Rich Gas Gathering Pipeline, extending from Okla., to processing facilities in Bridgeport, Texas.
- Cardinal Midstream operates the Iron Horse Gathering and Processing System in Oklahoma’s SCOOP/STACK/Merge play. The system includes more than 200 miles of natural gas pipelines and a gas processing plant with a capacity of 225 MMCFD.
- With a $300 million equity commitment from EnCap, Clear Creek Midstream is currently pursuing greenfield projects to include crude oil gathering, storage and transportation.
- Cogent Midstream focuses exclusively on the Midland sub-basin with more than 725 miles of natural gas pipeline and three gas processing plants that offer a collective 510 MMCFD; a crude oil gathering system with capacity of 80,000 BPD; and a 25-mile residue gas pipeline.
- Edgewater Midstream is a relative newcomer with an initial capital commitment of $400 million to seek out acquisitions of pipelines and terminals across North American petroleum trading hubs and demand centers.
- Formed in 2015, Evolution Midstream operates the Rowdy Gas Gathering System in Wyoming’s Powder River Basin, which includes 1,000 miles of gas gathering lines.
- Greenfield Midstream, in a joint venture with Noble Midstream, operates the Black Diamond Gathering System in the DJ Basin that includes 240 miles of crude oil pipeline, 300,000 BPD of delivery capacity and 390,000 Bbls of storage capacity.
- Ironwood Midstream is Texas-focused after acquiring 150 miles of crude oil gathering pipeline with connections to the Gulf Coast. Interconnects include the Plains All American Pipeline, Harvest Pipeline, NuStar, and the upcoming EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline.
- Lotus Midstream now operates the largest crude oil gathering system in the Permian after announcing its purchase from Occidental of the Centurion Pipeline System and a southeast New Mexico crude oil gathering system. The Centurion acquisition includes 3,000 miles of pipeline, two storage terminals in Midland, Texas, and Okla., and more than 125 truck stations.
- Moda Midstream acquired Occidental’s storage and export terminal near the mouth of the Corpus Christi Ship Terminal, which is now under expansion.
- Nuevo Midstream currently operates a crude oil gathering, storage and intermediate transportation system in the Eagle Ford, which consists of 100 miles of gathering pipeline.
- Rangeland Energy developed the South Texas Energy Products System, an integrated hydrocarbon logistics system that receives and stores refined products and LPGs in its Corpus Christi terminal and ships to inland terminals in Mexico.
- Based in San Antonio, Stakeholder Midstream’s operations are focused in the Permian and include the San Andres Crude Gathering System and the Campo Viejo Gas Gathering System.
- Tall Oak Midstream targets the Okla., STACK Extension with assets that include 750+ miles of natural gas gathering pipeline, the Carmen Cryogenic Plant and the Eagle Chief Gas Processing Plant. The current buildout of the system will ultimately include more than 1,000 miles of gathering pipe.
Let us know what you think.